SAVE THE DATE!
06-09 July 2019
Registration is for both the symposium and the workshops. Each workshop is an additional R150. Workshops are:
1 . Don’t Work Harder, Work Smarter – Dr Carla Groenewald
2. Learning to use the toilet – Antoinette Bruce-Alexander
3. Reigniting Hope – Creating Space for Parents – Debbie Fewster
4. Listening Circle for Parents – Prof. Chris Venter and Rumando Kok
5. ASD and Literacy: What do we know, and how do we adapt? – Hanlie Degenaar, Linique Hanekom and Monique de Klerk
6. Let’s Eat: Managing Feeding Issues – Hanlie Degenaar
7. Parent Education and Training: What we know, and what we don’t – Dr John-Joe Dawson-Squibb
8. Makaton: Unlocking communication and language – Reinette Lombard
9. Perspectives on Behaviour and the SPACED model – Corne Strydom
10. Listening Circle for Autistic Adults – Prof. Chris Venter and Rumando Kok
11. Optimising Autism – Tania Melnyczuk
Autism Spectrum Disorder Symposium 2019 is held in collaboration with the Institute for Psychology and Well-being, North West University!
The symposium will be hosted at the North West University, Potchefstroom campus.
The theme of the symposium is: Connect to Step Ahead
We welcome Autistic individuals, Medical specialists and practitioners, Professional Nurses, Speech-language and Occupational therapists, Psychologists, Social workers, Educators and Parents.
Join us for a blend of practical and academic presentations from the field of medicine, psychology, speech-language and occupational therapy, nursing, education, law, parents and autistic people.